We are the largest cleantech business idea competition in the world. Are you interested in joining us? Keep reading.
We started out as a strictly EU affair, but over the years we received requests from all over the globe. People and organisations wanting to host our competition outside of Europe. We think that’s a great idea. That’s why we decided to go global. As of 2017, any country is welcome to join us.
What you need when organising ClimateLaunchpad in your country
Here’s a quick checklist, it boils down to:
- A great network of green entrepreneurs in your country
- An organisation that can enter into a legal contract with us
- Time and energy
What’s in the contract?
- The agreement to represent ClimateLaunchpad as a national or regional lead organization.
- A commitment to following the ClimateLaunchpad branding standards, which includes the correct use of logos, fonts, and colors. It’s fine to co-brand with your organisation’s logo and those of your sponsors and partners.
- As National Lead you are responsible for organizing the Boot Camp, the 6 Coaching Sessions and their National Final, resulting in 3 winners traveling to the Grand Final in Europe in November.
- An agreement to attract at least 30 applications and, from that, 7 high quality teams to enter the programme.
- A commitment to attract at least 1 business sponsor, 1 government partner, and 1 media partner. These contributions can be cash or in-kind. For instance, sponsors can give free access to meeting rooms, provide coaching, and pay for drinks and dinner. You can also allow sponsors to give out prizes. Examples include free consultancy, 6 months of office space in an incubator, sponsor travel costs, etc.
There is more detailed information in the contract, but these are the most important points.
What about money? Well, you will need money for the following things:
- In most cases, you need funding for the team that is organising ClimateLaunchpad in your country. It’s possible to run the programme with volunteers of course. Team roles include: Country Lead, communications, logistics (organizing ClimateLaunchpad can be logistically challenging), outreach to coaches and sponsors. These roles certainly aren’t full time. Technically it’s possible to let one person do all of the work. But it’s much more fun to do make it a team effort (one person may get overworked in the process). Even more important: the quality of the programme improves drastically when more people involved.
- Your National Lead must travel to Europe at least twice, once for the kick-off and once for the Grand Final.
- Your National winners must travel to the Global Grand Final
ClimateLaunchpad will try to fund all central overhead costs for running the competition in each country. For 2018 we are still in the process of securing sufficient funding to take on new countries. Please get in touch to learn more about the possibilities and opportunities for funding.
How to become a lead organisation for the competition
If you are inspired to set-up ClimateLaunchpad in your country, and all of the above sounds achievable (and fun) to you, the first step is to get in touch through the form below. We’ll set up a call to find out if there is a good fit, and then take it from there.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
The ClimateLaunchpad Team
Check out our current teams here: National Leads