“All failure is the failure to adapt, all success is successful adaptation”
This year, ClimateLaunchpad is piloting the first Adaptation & Resilience (A&R) Accelerator. This is separate accelerator programme for the most promising A&R start-up teams. This pilot runs in a limited number of African and Asian countries.
The Adaption & Resilience Accelerator
The A&R Accelerator supports the growth of more mature start-ups providing solutions for (actual or expected) climate hazards and their effects, in order to reduce harm or harness beneficial opportunities.
- Specialised training for start-up teams from across eligible countries to help develop their A&R solutions
- Support/guidance around fundraising, access to markets and mentorship support
- Webinars/workshops targeting business building skills
- Dedicated pitch days and prizes, including the possibility of having your idea showcased at international events such as the COP 26 Climate Summit
- Peer-to-peer learning and links to coaches/trainers with expertise
During a dedicated A&R Day teams will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas to win cash prizes and access to additional coaching and guidance. This will help participants to understand their route to growth and investment.
Why an Adaption & Resilience Accelerator?
The impact of climate change is felt around the world; from rising sea levels and storm surges along coastlines to more frequent flooding, drought and severe heatwaves affecting urban and rural communities worldwide. As a result, there is an increasing demand for new solutions and services that help to address these hazards, providing a huge opportunity for entrepreneurs in this growing market.
The A&R Accelerator is funded by CDC Group, which is the UK’s development finance institution with over 70 years of experience of successfully supporting the sustainable, long-term growth of businesses in Africa and South Asia.
The Adaptation & Resilience Accelerator is open to start-ups from the following countries:
Focus on Adaptation & Resilience
An A&R start-up will qualify for the Accelerator if its product or services;
- Addresses ‘systemic’ barriers to adaptation by strengthening users’ ability to understand and respond to physical risks & impacts and/or capture related opportunities.
- Contributes to preventing or reducing current and future physical climate risks and/or the adverse impacts on people, assets, economic activities or nature.
The A&R Accelerator is focused on supporting start-ups in their more mature stages of development, which could include those that are;
- In the ‘validation’ / pre-customer phase of development
- Beginning to have some limited customer base, such as through the piloting of their solution
- At a pre-investment stage of readiness
Interested startups can apply if they meet the criteria described. But before you apply, please keep in mind:
- We do business in English
- Be kind to us: we receive loads of ideas, please stick to the word count limits
- Check our Terms & Conditions
- Deadline is monday 13th September
Good luck and may the odds be in your favour.