JSP is involved in development of Microbial Fuel Cell (MFC) technology to treat textile effluent and generate energy in terms of electricity.
At present the target segment is the dyeing industry. We aim to target the small dyeing units who cannot afford the large common effluent treatment plants (CETPs).
Uniqueness of our technology:
• Energy positive effluent treatment technology – net zero OPEX, & carbon neutral process
• Typical payback time is 5 years, contributed by: energy savings, reduction in excess sludge quantity and tax/ carbon credits
• Suitable even for small installations, with organic load as low as 100 Kg BOD per day
• Our product can be scaled up/down based on the requirements, with minimal maintenance.
• The activated sludge alone uses energy of 17000 KWh per day
• Wastewater generated by a large textile plant contains enough energy to power 500 homes
• At 100% efficiency, our system can produce 3 kWh for every kg of organic matter